Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Living my best life!! God is oh so good!

 Hello hello! Can you believe General Conference is NEXT WEEK?! and EASTER?! April is the best!!


I hope this week has been great! Shoutout to Mama King - it was her birthday yesterday!! I love my mom and am so grateful for her! Think of someone you're grateful for and TELL THEM. TODAY. 

Some highlights:)
- Well! This past week we had Mission Leadership Council TWICE. It is the time of year where we has the mission tour and so Elder and Sister Stanfill joined us virtually! We had a pre-MLC and then a half hour after later we had a 4 hour Zone conference! Two days later we had a followup MLC! Wow. It was so special. We learned a lot about the influence we have on other people and how Christ views us! It was the BEST! My mission has only gotten better and it's things like Zone Conference that make me realize just how important the gospel is and just how loved we are by our Savior and our Father in Heaven!
- on Sunday we went to the Brandon zone and had a meeting with their stake presidency all about social media. Something that has BLOWN my mind about the work is how stakes, wards, and members really are hopping on board and making their own goals for social media! The Brandon stake President looked at all of us and said they have already seen more success in the 3 months with social media and baptisms than ALL of last year! He said the the goal that the area presidency is something that they would blow out of the water and it's because of social media. SO COOL. 
- We had exchanges this week and it was SO FUN! I went with Sister McCauley and she came to my area! We went to the Book of Mormon class and it was SO COOL to hear a room of recent converts talking about how the joy they've felt from the gospel is something they want to share with everyone. The Spirit is so strong every week!! 
- While we were on exchanges this past week, we both made goals to be more bold in every conversation and interaction we have with people! We started calling some potentials and we called Letticia! She answered and we introduced ourselves and she said to hold on. Usually this means one of two things...she's going to hang up OR she would take awhile to get back on and eventually forget to get back on...BUT not even 10 seconds later there was a notification on our phone that said "conference call started". When Letticia found out it was the missionaries she immediately added her sister Lisa in and they were so excited to talk. They opened up about a lot that they've been going through! We got to teach them about Christ's love and invited them to meet with us again!! Please please pray for them! They are so amazing and want the best for their families!! 
- Returning member miracle! A miracle that I want to share happened yesterday! We has a feeling to go wait out in the foyer to greet people! A lady walked in named Janice. Turns out she is a returning member that hasn't been to church in YEARS. She just moved to Florida from Utah but has lived all over the states. She is struggling from coming back from a few divorces and just getting back on her feet! We welcomed her and introduced her to a few of the members and they just LOVED HER. She really felt like something was missing and she knew it had to be the church. We gave her a tour around the chapel and she loved it! She started crying and said we were the missing piece and she finally felt the spirit again! This gospel is TRUE. One of the biggest blessings of my mission has been able to see how powerful the gospel is. It's powerful because it really is Christ's church. His gospel. And that changes people! Seeing people accept the gospel has hands down been the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. 

I hope you all are SO EXCITED for General Conference!!!!!

Well I have a thought and a challenge for each of you!

My thought is from John 15! We talked a lot about this during zone conference and MLC! 

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

I LOVE THIS. Have you ever considered yourself a friend of the Savior? I honestly had never read this like that until now. We are all disciples of Christ and He considers us F R I E N D S. I want you each to take this to heart and to think about this! We each have a special place in Christ's life, heart and mind. Something that I've learned on my mission is how F A R Christ's love reaches. He L O V E S us. Remember your worth:)

I challenge each of you to pray and think about a specific question that you need answered! I want to promise you that if you pray sincerely, you W I L L get your answer during General Conference. 

I love each of you! Thank you for your prayers and support:))

Hermana King










No comments:

Post a Comment