Tuesday, March 16, 2021

MIRACLES haven't ceased:)

Happy middle of March! 

This past week was full of miracles and crazy cool surprises! So stay tuned!


Here are a few highlights:
- we have been trying out a new way of messaging off of our pages, responding to our advertisements that come into our spanish pages and wow I think we've got something that'll work! Hermana Harding and I got to take over all the pages on Friday night for less than 2 hours and we were able to teach FOUR short lessons! On Saturday we took over the pages for about 3 hours and taught FIVE lessons and we got 3 of them with return appointments for the next day! When the Lord says he will hasten the work in His time, he means it. My testimony of that has never been stronger until I had this assignment of social media. It is incredible everyday to see how many people are out there waiting for the gospel!

- I wanted to talk about one of the lessons we had on Sunday from the Spanish pages. First off, we don't have a teaching area and so this was a crazy opportunity that we has! We taught a guy named Roger. He's from Honduras and when we got on we talked to him for awhile about his life and wow. He has some hard things happening in his life and he told us how he has just been searching for the right path. We taught him about the miracle with Jairus's daughter. We explained how incredible the amount of love he had for this 12 year old girl. We taught after that from 3 Nephi 17 when Christ blesses each child ONE BY ONE. This really stuck out to me. Christ could have blessed all of them at once but he spent the time blessing and talking with each one indivially. How amazing? Christ blesses each of us individually. This is something that we talked about with Roger and he then explained explained us how he has a friend from Peru that's a member and Roger just thinks SO highly of him and was so excited when he finally found the church his friend belonged to. We set up a pass off lesson with him and the Elders in his area:) We invited Roger to pray about what we had talked about and if our message was true. Awhile after, he texted us and just said thank you over and over again. He said that talking about what we did was what he's been searching for and that he feels so good about everything. I know from my description it just seemed like another lesson but there was something different about it. There is something so special about seeing people hear the truth for the first time in their life and having it click. I'm telling you, the gospel really does change lives. I have seen it time and time again on my mission. Not only with the people I've been able to teach but with myself. 


The second miracle I wanted to talk about is a followup from one of the stories I shared last week about the lady from Walmart! Well, after giving her the pamphlet last week we never heard anything so we were anxious to talk talk her! We saw Carmen again and on our way out of the store she came over to us and seem so worried! She told us that she had put the pamphlet we had given her at her station and at the end of the day when she went to grab it, it was gone. And she was freaking out because she didn't have our number! She asked for another and so we ran to the car and grabbed a pamphlet of the Plan of Salvation with our number and gave it to her. She took it, smiled and put it in her coat pocket and said "Now I really won't lose it!" We got to talk with her for a few minutes and she told us how big of a blessing it is to see us every week. She has a light about her and I'm excited for a call from her:)

Well I've got some BIG NEWS! So! This week is transfer week and Hermana Harding got a call from President Hollingsworth yesterday afternoon annnnnnd he asked us if we would be willing to TAKE AN AREA on top of our social media assignment!!! We will be sharing a ward with the assistants and it'll be an English area!! I haven't taught since the first week in December and I've never been in an English area before! I am SO EXCITED! The funny thing is President usually only makes transfer calls for new trainers or new leadership positions, the assistants take all other calls!  We're already in leadership assignments but President called us because he wanted to get our reaction about us getting an area haha! He is the BEST. Haha! It was a surprise but SUCH A GREAT ONE. This next transfer is going to be the best:) God knows what we need and when we need it!!

Here's a little (long) thought:) 
Something to think about: 
A few weeks ago we filmed some videos for our page by interviewing converts to the church and learning about them and their experiences. One family - The Biels - have a down syndrome boy named Carter and he MELTED MY HEART! I'm crying right now thinking about how he just grabbed mine and Hna Kings hand and we could just feel his sweet spirit. We got to read and play with Carter while his dad was being interviewed and afterward they asked us if we could get the missionaries on board with a BIG project! Every year they decide to do a day of service and increase their goal every year. This year their goal is FIVE THOUSAND acts of service in one day and they are asking everyone they can to get involved. They were spotlighted on our mission-wide call to talk about the initiative and I BAWLED. She talked about their story and finished with, "Even though he's six years old and quite short, I dont think I'll ever measure up to Carter." I wish I could tell you how incredible sister Biel is so that this sentence could have the same impact on you as it does on me because WOW. I am thrilled to have the privilege of feeling the love God has for his children! 

Also. I have learned some amazing life lessons this transfer and I can guarantee you that I will be learning a million more this next coming transfer. We taught the missionaries this transfer about boldness. In our presentation we talk about the source of confidence being - Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. An elder in the social media council quoted an amazing talk that you should all read ;) called "God did not put us here to fail" the quote says, "Difficulty is an excuse history has never accepted" and elder LeMone reiterates it in saying, "Difficulty is an excuse God has never accepted". This talk also mentions integrity and the importance of doing everything you do with full integrity. Putting forth a completely HONEST effort by doing everything that you can possibly do while helping others along the way. I found another gem by Elder Holland that I will paraphrase lol. It basically says, "An integer is a WHOLE NUMBER. Not fragmented in character. One with integrity must be true to themselves, their country, and their God at all times, in all things, and in all places... They do the right thing at the right time for the right reason.. at any cost". And that CHANGED ME this week! If we have promises given to us of things like eternal life, eternal families, and eternal redemption, I think its definitely worth my time, effort, endurance, and enjoyment to be true to God at all times with true integrity!

I want to challenge each of you to make a difference in someone else's life this week. With that said, I want to invite each of you to participate with the project #kindness4Carter and help us do 5000 acts of love or service in 24 hours. I'll put the flyer in one of my photos:)

I love you all!!!!
Hermana King:) 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment