Monday, January 25, 2021

BEST WEEK












 How can it be the END of January?! What the heck! Time is flying way too fast! My prayers have started to become a lot of asking for time to slow down but I guess that's not what God has in mind! Ha! This week was a GREAT one:) 


I am extending my challenge first thing today! I want to invite you all to write down services that people do for you throughout your day. Or one a day for a week! (Ex. I walked into the store and this kind man opened the door!) I promise you will be happier every single day. :)

Here are some highlights!

- we had 3 back to back to back Stake Coordination Meetings with Stake Presidencies and communication directors! We are reevaluating all of our social media efforts and plans as a mission with each stake! So we got to see our mission president a lot this week which was THE BEST! He is the best and my best friend!!!
-  we got to go film an advertisement this week with some of the greatest missionaries! We drove quite a lot this week which was so fun to get out of our office and drive throughout parts of the mission! Our mission has a little bit of everything! From beaches to open fields and HORSES haha! It's the best:)
- this week we went to the Lakeland zone twice and when we pulled in to the church parking lot last Thursday I had a feeling like we weren't supposed to be there. We thought we needed to go to Wendys. It was like 7 at night but we looked at each other and felt we needed to. Long story short, we walked in and the cashier was who we needed to meet. Her name is Ke'Ara and she noticed we were missionaries and started asking a bunch of questions about our journeys and what we do! All of her coworkers came over and started listening and talking! Ke'Ara looked at us and said she was needing us. She is deciding to get back on the right path back to Jesus and she called us her miracle! She is 23 and so we scheduled a lesson with the YSA Sisters! She is ELECT and so happy about learning more. She told us she believes we have something important to teach her! 
- we had so many district trainings this week! We have been doing social media exchanges with each district! It has been great to see all of the missionaries(over Zoom haha) 
- I got to see Hermana Breshears AND Hermana Marler this week and I MISS THEM so much😭
- we also had INTERVIEWS IN PERSON this week with President AND Sister Hollingsworth! This interview was the best interview I have ever had since being on my mission! He sat down with me and told me everything I needed to hear, he asked all the right questions and listened to me with SO MUCH LOVE AND PATIENCE. I know one of the reasons I have been called to the Florida Tampa Mission is because of President Hollingsworth. 100%! I feel so grateful and so blessed. 


Today we had a very eye opening experience. We were at Walmart and in the parking lot we saw this lady screaming and swearing at this guy. I felt so embarrassed for her. The guy walked away after saying sorry and we went over to him to ask if he was okay. He had been having a hard day and accidentally got in this lady's way. It just reminds me that we are ALL GODS CHILDREN. No one is the exception! 

A quote that popped into my head when thinking about this is one from President Nelson. “Whom wouldst Thou have me help today?”

Everyday brings opportunities to serve. Not just to serve but to find not only God's children but our brothers and sisters to help. We all have bad days, we all have trials, but we also all have the Spirit that can help us during those times. Every interaction we have with people should reflect our divine calling to represent Jesus Christ as lifelong disciples of Him:) 

You are all AMAZING examples to me and I love you SO MUCH!


Make this week the best:)

All my love!!!!
Hermana King :) 


- my favorite people
- sister moli made her famous teriyaki chicken
- us doing what we do everyday hahaha
- CUTE SISTER HOLLINGSWORTH 
- cutest sisters that we got to visit
- funnest time filming the ad!
- LAKELAND SISTERS
- we're officially part of the USF crew
- MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment