Saturday, January 16, 2021

Blessings on blessings type of week : )

 Hello!!! I still can't believe it's JANUARY! I hope you all had the best week:)


This week was busy!! I'll keep it brief!

- we have been doing companionship trainings ALL week! Each training is 30 minutes and we've done over 50! And we aren't quite done yet...it honestly has been so fun to see each of the companionships get excited about using this new tool that our President is excited about! 
- coming into the mission I was so excited to meet everyone! With the corona virus we have had everything virtual and so it's been hard to meet the missionaries! BUT I feel so lucky to be in a position where I literally get to meet EVERYONE! 
- I hit 14 months this past week and it's CRAZY how fast time is flying! I am so grateful to be on my mission!! I NEVER WANT IT TO END.
- i tried a new food! It's called Musubi and its seaweed, rice and spam and I'm a fan! It's different but super good!
- we got locked out of our apartment on Sunday because the Sisters we live with felt like they needed to lock the garage door but that was our way in so as soon as Sister Moli and I got home and realized what had happened we were LAUGHING. We got back in our car and headed back to the church and watched videos for the rest of "lunch" THEN the Elders that we work with (President calls us a quad companionship haha) came to our room and said they had made some extra food they wanted us to try! They had no idea we hadn't eaten! TALK ABOUT LITTLE MIRACLES haha!! 
- we also has MLC this week!!! It was all about goals and alllll virtual! It was one of the best MLC'S I have gone to. We knelt in prayer as leadership to pray about our goals and President Hollingsworth said one of the most powerful prayers I have ever heard. I am so grateful for the Florida Tampa Mission!!!!

Something that is different about my mission right now is I'm not having continuous spiritual experiences. I'm not teaching lessons, I'm not contacting anyone and I'm not proselyting at all. Something I have noticed is the importance of trying to see God's hand in my life on a daily basis. I have been able to rely on the Spirit and rely on seeing small miracles throughout the day. I would love to hear from each of you on a miracle you have seen in the past week! :)

I wanted to share a really cool experience Sister Moli and I had yesterday at church. Like I've said in the past, we aren't assigned to a ward and so we attend the ward that meets in the building where the mission office is where we work. We were sitting in Sacrament meeting and Sister Moli turned to me and said she felt like we should check the foyer to the right of us! We got up and checked..no one, we checked outside..no one. The Sacrament was about to start and Sister Moli headed in but I was running the the other side..she asked me where I was going and I said to follow me because we were not suppressing a prompting from the Spirit. We made it to the other side and there was no one there. Sister Moli ran to the door and we checked outside..no one...for a few seconds..then we made eye contact with this guy in his car. We ran over to him and basically opened the door of his car and asked him what is name was! He said his name was Michael and that he was afraid to come in. WELP. We told him that he could come in with us and we'd go together:) He had met with the Sisters one other time and wanted to see our service. He came and sat by us in the back and WE MADE IT so he could partake of the Sacrament. We explained what it was and as it took the bread and water tears came streaming down his face. As the meeting concluded we started talking about his life story and he had fallen a few years back and barely made it. He had super bad head trauma and he said he heard the words "I gave you another chance. Go do my will." He had been looking for a way to change his life and accomplish everything God had in store. We were all in tears and we told him how proud God was of him for being there and how much he is loved. We passed him to the Sisters right then and there and they had a lesson in the chapel. Sister Moli and I went to our room and just sat for a bit. These are experiences in my mission that I will never forget. We are here as missionaries to help our brothers and sisters remember where they came from and how much they are loved. Well this earth is one big mission right? We are all called to be missionaries. We all have the Spirit with us. It's up to us to follow it. I am grateful for Michael and I am grateful for my companion. I am grateful for the example that I have to follow from our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I want you all to write down the miracles you see throughout the week. And I can promise you that through the Holy Ghost, God will tell you someone you need to serve this week. So my invitation is to ACT and DO:) 

I love you all!!! I pray for you all!!!

Love,
Hermana King:) 















Pics:)
- we ate peppers doing MLC 
- Hermana Marler was dropping her companion off for transfers and so I got to see her!!!!
- Sister Moli and I made MUSUBI
- we had over 25 hours of meetings this week so this is what every companionship saw hahaha
- our red eyes 
- we started doing Bible ads on Facebook Marketplace and BOOM it's working!!!
- we don't have in person exchanges so we did a mini exchange with the sweetest sisters!
- Sister Moli cut her hair so we celebrated with the yummiest acai bowls! 
- the Elders always try to screenshot us in our best moments 


No comments:

Post a Comment