Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Largo can't get rid of us that quick!!

 Wow!! Okay I say this every week but this week was SO GREAT. I hope you all had an amazing week too!! Thank you for your prayers this week!! I really have felt them!!! 


CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK. I AM SO GIDDY!!!

Here are some of the highlights from this week!!
-well we had interviews with President which are ALWAYS a highlight! For half of my interview President Hollingsworth had me teach him some spanish! We laughed a LOT and had a great time haha! He is SO GREAT. 
-we had some of the BEST lessons with Victor this week! He was announced and presented to the whole branch as the newest member of the branch at church yesterday!! Victor didn't realize I wore glasses occasionally and so I put them on during one of the lessons and when it was his turn to read the next verse in the Book of Mormon, he wasn't saying anything and so we looked up and he was LAUGHING AT ME. Hahaha! He is a HOOT and is such an example to me. He really wants to be the best father to his two little kiddos and it's so inspiring to see people change their lives because of the truth and HAPPINESS they find within the gospel of Christ :) 
-Patricia gets baptized TOMORROW and she is so excited! She is someone that we have seen from the very beginning just GRASP on to the gospel and apply it. Her family is ALL Catholic and she said she really wants them to SEE a change in her not with words but with actions. She really wants to be an example for her cute family!! Pray for her the next little bit to have confidence in her decision!! Sometimes the best decisions really are the hardest, but oh boy is it worth it!! She is AMAZING! We went through the baptism program we had planned for her and she had the BIGGEST SMILE on her face :) 
-Haydee is SO GREAT. Two hours before her baptism yesterday she called us in tears. She had a family emergency come up and wasn't going to make it to the church in time. She thought she was going to have to wait another week to get baptized but when we explained that she could get baptized during the week any day she wanted, she was so excited. She will be getting baptized in the next few days! She is such an EXAMPLE to me. We are so grateful and excited for her!!!
-ANOTHER FUN EXCITING HIGHLIGHT is that Hermana Marler and I are STAYING IN LARGO TOGETHER!!! We are SO pumped and excited and GRATEFUL to have another 6 weeks here in this AMAZING place TOGETHER!!!
-we had our last district council and it was so sad!! Our district is changing quite a bit but we went to the aquarium as a district for the last preparation day of the transfer!! SO FUN!!
-President called me a few days ago and asked me to be a Sister Training Leader so I will start doing that this next week! 


Coming on my mission I thought I would be the one teaching new things to people like Patricia, Mia, Haydee, Victor and other to help them become better disciples of Jesus Christ but BOY was I wrong. I have learned so much from the people God has put in my path. I have become a better disciple of Christ from being here on my mission, not because I study the scriptures everyday (that helps haha), but because of the special people I've been able to meet. My mission and the people I've met because of my mission really have helped me change into the person and disciple I know I need to become! 

I wanted to share a quote with you all today from John Bytheway!
"Do your best to be happy now, in whatever circumstance you find yourself, a challenge Moroni must gave grappled with while wandering alone for more than two decades"
Something I love from this quote is the beginning when it says DO YOUR BEST. We don't need to be perfect right now, that's why we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ, right? This week I challenge each of you to be kinder to yourselves! Something I've noticed is that it is a whole lot easier to do better when we're nicer to ourselves. This week is General Conference and what a PERFECT opportunity this is to come to the sessions with a question. Realize that each of you are doing BETTER than you think you are!!

I love you all!!!!!! So so much!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana King :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment