Monday, August 3, 2020

We call ourselves the Hype(h)ermanas

Wowza! Talk about a great week!! I hope you all had a super awesome week! HAPPY AUGUST! I cant believe it's AUGUST! Time is FLYING!!

Well this week was a 12/10! 

Mia and Patricia are progressing SO MUCH! They were both able to attend virtual church yesterday! Speaking of virtual church, we had our first church broadcast yesterday! It was one of the BEST testimony meetings I've ever been a part of. Something that has really strengthened my testimony this week is how no matter what, God keeps his work going. We have SO many video calls but yet we can feel the spirit as if we were sitting in the chapel face to face. Were there issues and a few hiccups during the church broadcast, for sure there were BUT the Spirit couldn't have been stronger. How COOL! We really do have the knowledge of the TRUE church! SO awesome!

We did a lot of service again this week! Washing cars and cleaning off drain gutters have become our favorite activities! I honestly have LOVED being able to go see members and serve! One of the members gave us super official car cleaning supplies! Whenever we set up car washes for members they always ask what we'll need from them! It's fun to say we will come with our own stuff. Haha! We love it!! We have been able to start sharing short messages with members so after every service, we've spent some time with the members! It is SO fun to be able to teach face to face. The members here are AMAZING! 

For those of you from my ward back home, Elder Miller and I are in the same district (!!) and we worked on filming a video as a district for the Spanish page and it will be up this week!! We've been able to put videos together for Facebook this past week and it's been fun to get creative with how to do mission work!

For my spiritual thought today I want to share a quote from President Nelson that I read this week from his talk, "We Are Children of God" and it says:

"Who are we? We are children of God. Our potential is unlimited. Our inheritance is sacred." This really stuck out to me this week! Our potential is UNLIMITED. Never should we ever think we cant do anything. When we have doubt, we can look back at this quote from our prophet! We are children of God! We are not limited! That has really helped me especially with this new way of missionary work! Has the work stopped? No. Is it a lot different than before? Oh yes. Haha! But even with everything going on, God hasn't let the circumstances stand in the way of becoming better disciples of Jesus Christ and furthering his work! 

I want to challenge all of you to read that talk from President Nelson! If you are in need of a pump up, he for sure is the guy for that!!

I sure do love you all!! I have felt a lot of prayers and support and I just want to say thank you to you all!!!


Love,
Hermana King :) 












Got a package from the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment