Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Keeping the hype in Largo!

 Hi everyone!!! I can't believe we are about in the second half of AUGUST. Time is flying!! Today is my two month mark in Florida! I cant believe it's already been 2 months! I've loved every second!! 







This week was good!! I LOVE it here in Largo!! We found out transfers and Hermana Marler and I are staying here together!!! We couldn't be happier! 

I thought I'd fill you all in on what's been happening!!

This past week we've had some pretty high highs and a few lows but that's what makes the work so fun! Ronak's dad cancelled a few times on us, but we didn't let it get us down!! I want to share a few of the miracles that happened!! 

WE MET MIA AND HER WHOLE FAMILY IN PERSON!! It was such a miracle! They showed up 10 minutes early to the church, dressed in nice clothes, just completely ready! We gave them a tour of the church and they loved it! Her mom, Magaly, is a convert of 20 years but is inactive(for now) and her husband and 8 year old son as well as Mia aren't members (yet!) We were able to teach all of the Plan of Salvation and they ALL participated! Mia is the definition of progression!!! Another miracle happened last night! Ronak and his dad had cancelled again and we were feeling pretty bummed. We knelt down and said a prayer! We felt like we should call some formers. We called someone named Juan thinking that he was part of a family that was being taught that was dropped awhile back BUT turns out that we called a middle aged Juan, who'd never been taught by missionaries, lives in Clearwater(which is IN OUR AREA) AND had never heard of the other 2 people we were trying to connect him with! WHAT! We taught him right there over the phone and he is READY for the gospel! We made another appointment with him. HOW COOL. God has a bigger picture perspective and he knows what he needs us to do. Yes, it was disappointing in the moment to have a cancelled lesson BUT our new friend Juan probably needed a message more than Ronak tonight! This really is Gods work and I love being a part of it!! Our friend Patricia is SO GREAT. We are in contact with her everyday and every time she texts us on one of her work breaks telling us how excited she was to fi ally have a break at work to read the Book of Mormon! Talk about the best kind of break, right?! Haha! She is SO great and she is also the DEFINITION of ready for this gospel! I don't think I ever wrote about what she told us about why she felt so open with us! Weeks ago she had been praying and told God she was getting a little bored of the Bible and wanted something new. Right after that, we called her! She knew this was part of her answer! God is SO AWARE of all of his children. I want to promise you all that God is aware of each of YOU as well! 

This week we gave talks in our virtual church and we were able to have more friends at church than we ever have since being here! It's so crazy--The work of the Lord is just THRIVING around the world. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Miracles existed yesterday, they exist today and they will always exist! The work of the Lord was the same yesterday, today and forever!

I am going to brag about how AWESOME our prophet is!! I have loved reading a talk from him everyday! This week his talks helped me a TON. I want to share a few that I loved! 

"Thanks to Him, each body will be restored to its proper and perfect frame. Thanks to Him, no condition is hopeless. Thanks to Him, brighter days are ahead, both here and hereafter. Real joy awaits each of us"

"Our faith is never unappreciated."

I LOVE these quotes. Because of our Savior, Jesus Christ we can have HOPE, COMFORT and most importantly an overwhelming feeling of JOY! Something else I want to add is about the last quote. As I said I was able to speak to the branch on Sunday and I really wanted to focus of giving each of them confidence in their own personal testimonies. I told the story of how I decided I was finally ready to serve! I told Bishop Call maybe I wasn't the most ready to go because I didn't know enough. Bishop Call looked at me and asked if I had a testimony. I told him I did!! He smiled and said that a TESTIMONY is what I needed to serve a successful mission. I have never forgotten that. He told me that there are people in the world that need a simple testimony to help them understand and develop a testimony for theirselves! We should ALL have confidence in the faith we have and our testimonies!! God has SO MUCH trust and faith in us, so we should have trust and faith in ourselves!!

This week I challenge each of you to try something new! Maybe a new recipe, or making a goal of reading the scripture, doing a service for someone you usually wouldn't. I promise you as you push yourself to try new things, you will be able to develop this FAITH and TRUST in yourself as God has for you. 

I love this gospel and I am SO GRATEFUL that I have the opportunity to share my testimony everyday with the people here in Florida!!

LOVE YOU ALL WITH MY WHOLE HEART!
Hermana King :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment