Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Wait. How many more?!





GUYS hello!! Happy happy Wednesday and HAPPY DECEMBER!! This pday marks only ONE more until PERU!! We are in our final stretch here in Mexico and wow I don't know how to feel! They call the last two weeks "sprinting"! I can't believe the next chapter of my mission will be starting in just a few short weeks! ALSO! Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you all! I hope it was the best and that there was snow!! 

So much happened this week! Here's a rundown:
Wednesday the 27th:
We played frisbee! Who know frisbee could be so fun haha! The things only the MTC would teach you! This night me and my comp as well as the zone leaders went and observed a white dot meeting which is the new missionary meeting! It lasts 3 hours..so we went and observed an all Spanish meeting to learn how to make things more fun haha! We had an STL meeting as well and we learned that our branch was going to be the FIRST group of carolers so that was nerve racking haha! We started a new game in class called "guess the latino" haha! We pick a person in class at the beginning of class and then we all talk Spanish to try to fool our teacher! Our teacher guesses who we picked at the end and we do it everyday and keep a tally for the week!

Thursday the 28th:
THANKSGIVING! I loved having Thanksgiving in Mexico. It was actually so great! Everyone will tell you something different about how they feel about holidays in the MTC but I loved it! We had the best devo broadcast from Provo and it was ahhh just the best! They made us a Thanksgiving lunch and it was yummy! I was grateful that they celebrated with all of us! We legit went on a WILD goose chase trying to find a computer that would work to finally say hi to my family! We were supposed to have 30 minutes and by the time we finally went through 6 Tall Labs(the computer labs) and no computers would work! Or they didn't have cameras! An elder let me borrow his camera so that was a MIRACLE and I finally found a computer and talked to my family for not even 10 minutes haha! But hey, we focus on the good not the bad! My companion got me a gift so that was so sweet!!

Friday the 29th:
Our teacher Hermano Castillo told us today HE IS LEAVING THE NEXT DAY! Guys I was so sad. It's okay I'll be fine. Haha! I think the reason our district was so sad is because it made us realize how hard it will be to say bye to each other haha! Last few weeks here we come! We all played piano as a district which was so fun! I saw my pre-MTC language teacher Hermano Lopez which is always so fun! I was studying in my scriptures today about Lehi and Sariah in 1st Nephi. I feel like a lot of times I react like Sariah and I am quick to judge. What I love about Lehi is how patient he is with her! I love it! 

Saturday the 30th:
TODAY WAS GREAT! We had our first TRC which is where volunteers come in and we teach them! It went so well. It gave me confidence which my Spanish and teaching which is what I needed! We got locked out of our room this day and we both didn't have our keys..oops..so we had to go to reception haha! We had our last day with Hermano Castillo and it was so sad! We put together a gift for him and the picture of a picture I sent (at the bottom of this). He loved it and it was great! After that we taught Manuel and because it was our last day we sent it and asked him to be baptized HAHA! He accepted so we were pumped! Um guys I won for the first time so you could say it was a big success haha! We also contacted our new interested person! Oswaldo! 

Sunday the 1st:
WOOT WOOT WE LOVE DECEMBER! Today was great it was also fast Sunday so that was awesome! What was so fun is hearing the testimonies of people. It is crazy to think that a language barrier doesn't change the spirit. It was awesome! Okay so last night I got a challenge from an elder in our district to find an attribute of Christ to focus on and so I took the challenge Sunday morning and I focused on Shepherd and Lamb of God. Isn't it amazing that our Shepherd is also one of us as a Lamb? Christ really is with us every step of the way. We taught relief society today and it went great! I had everyone share their "James 1:5" scripture which was so cool! We talked about which scriptures help them! It was great! We love Sundays because there's so much english! Haha! Then we had district meeting! We started Come Follow Me and it was SO FUN!!! I hope you are all doing it! Our district LOVED IT! Okay AND because of the new Sunday schedule WE GOT TO NAP!!! YAY!! Best. Time. Ever. THEN we headed in to our first devo of the night from Elder Gong. AND GUESS WHAT! He talked about Christ as our Shepherd and the Lamb of God!! I just studied that THE SAME DAY! So that was such a cool tender mercy!! We decorated for Christmas after our second devo and it was so fun!! I sent pics!! Woot!! We watched the new Nativity video for Light The World and WOW it is amazing!!

Monday the 2nd:
We had "sprinting" so basically we got motivated for the last 2 weeks! I memorized 2 whole lessons which was awesome and I feel like I'm starting to really understand Spanish. Miracles can happen!! We had service today and we cleaned our own building haha! Best time haha! Then we went caroling! I was so nervous because I was in charge of the whole branch but everyone loved it so yay!! Little miracles are real. I got TWO letters from my two best friends, Mama and Papa King and man I cannot even tell you how much I needed them!!!

Tuesday the 3rd: 
Yesterday was great! We taught our new person Oswaldo and we made a lot of progress which makes me excited! I had a meeting with my teacher today and it made my whole day. I want to tell you all that God is in the details and that He is very much aware of all of us! Trust me on that! We had the best devo last night about Christ and it was amazing. We did an english fast which was awesome! It was hard and we all made it half the day but God cares about effort right? haha! 

Wednesday the 4th:
TODAY WOOT! I am headed to the temple in literally 20 minutes and so I will try to email individually when I get back if I have time but just know that I love you all and I'm so grateful! An elder in my district, Elder Moss gave me a blessing this morning and I just feel ready to take on the last few weeks here at the CCM!

Challenge for this week!!! 
Find an attribute of Christ and study it!! Find talks, scriptures, etc on it and go for it! It is December and this month is dedicated to Christ! 

I love this gospel and I love all of you!! Thank you for your prayers and love! I feel all of it!! God is good and His gospel is true!! 

Love you all!!
Hermana King :)















No comments:

Post a Comment