Monday, April 26, 2021

The Best 18 months!

 Friends! Family! 


Well there are a few highlights from this week:)
- Gregoire and Hilda! This last week we invited them to be baptized and they wanted to pray for a date as a couple!! Gregoire leaned over to Hilda and grabber her hand and said "we're going to pray different tonight, okay? We're going to do exactly what the Sisters are saying and we're going to kneel down" Hilda just looked at him and smiled, showed him her Book of Mormon and said "And we're going to do a lot more studying of the Book"! They are the sweetest and saying goodbye was definitely a rough one. They have made such an impact on my life and I just love them! I am so proud of them!
- CODY!! He called us saying he was ready to come to church because he had received oh so many blessings this week and everything we taught him last week about faith and prayer finally clicked! He was just so grateful and excited to progress more! 
- This week was full of bittersweet goodbyes but I've been blessed with some great people that make saying goodbye really rough!

I don't have too much time BUT this is my last weekly email and I wanted to leave you with a little thought:) 

My brain works so hard as a missionary. Something that has been taking up my brain squares is
being meek without being weak
How do we master (as the Savior) feeling peaceful as the whole world around us is in chaos? I think of the people of Ammon after they had buried their swords, kneeling in prayer and personal peace as the brethren around them were slain. How do we submit to Gods will and be happy about it? Not feeling contentious and dragging our feet. John 14:27 "Peace says, "I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.” and the artist then gives his thoughts on the phrase MY PEACE I read a phenomenal talk this week by president nelson back in the day called "The Canker of Contention" where president Nelson talks about this same concept of the  S A V I O R S  peace. He says that the peace that comes from the savior is not political but that it is personal. And it is driven away easily through contention. He shares a few thoughts on the roots of contention and where it comes from and tells us how to overcome it. I think one of the things I took away most was leaving room for misunderstanding. If we were all perfect it would be easy to have wOrLD pEaCe but we are all very imperfect. We all are misunderstood. We all misunderstand. How easy is it to become angry at someone instantaneously because they dont completely understand what you are trying to say! Having the patience to communicate through the misunderstanding is where the peace of the savior comes in :))

I know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. I have never seen the love of God like I have since being on a mission. I can't explain the gratitude I have for the last 18 months and everything that happened. God knows us PERFECTLY and He loves us PERFECTLY. Each of you matter to Him. Never forget that you can do hard things because you've done hard things. Christ has done EVERY HARD THING for us. You are loved!

I love you all SO MUCH. I love my Savior so much. 

I will see you all in just a few days :))

Love,
Hermana King:) 












No comments:

Post a Comment