Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Pig skins, oysters & changes..OH MY!!

 Wow. Holy cow!!! Well by the title of this email you could probably tell that this week has been an ADVENTURE!!! I tried pig skin anddddd oysters haha! No worries, it was not in the same sitting haha! It was good!!! 


Alright well this week is TRANFERS and we got our news this morning!! Sit tight, there's a lot!!! My sweet best friend, Hermana Marler (who I have been with since JUNE) is leaving and we are SO SAD. She will be headed to a quad which will be so fun for her!!! It's been FIVE super great months and I can't believe we're actually splitting up!! Well...Hermana Breshears and I are still together so I'll keep training her here in Largo!!! The second part of the crazy news is that Hermana Breshears and I are SWITCHING apartments with the Largo elders! Why?? Well! We will be getting a THIRD companionship in Largo! We will be moving into a bigger apartment and we'll be living with 2 new sisters!! YAY!! We are so excited about it!!! One of the new sisters coming in just got called to be a Sister training leader as well so I'll be training her too! We are SO PUMPED for a new transfer and a whole lot of adventures ahead!!!!

As far as this week goes, WOW. I wanted to share some highlights from the week!!
-we had the coolest experience with Victor and his family last night! We started teaching his 19 year old nephew named Axel, his sister Raquel and her husband Angel! And wow are they special. During the lesson we talked about the Holy Ghost and Angel said he had only ever felt the spirit in 2 or 3 specific experiences. We had an amazing conversation about Gods love and the Holy Ghost and how we can feel them! At the end of the lesson we asked Axel to say the prayer! He started praying and stopped a few seconds in..he had started crying and the spirit was just overwhelmingly strong! After he said Amen, we looked at Raquel and she began to cry as well. Angel looked at us and told is that that was an experience he'll never forget because it was the 4th time he had ever really felt the Spirit. They are such GOLDEN children of God and they are so ready for the gospel!
-we met with our sweet new friend Marie and WOW she is amazing!! We asked her how she thought it would feel to have Jesus Christ back in her life and she told us it would feel right. We then asked her how she felt/thought about sitting there with us and she looked at us with the biggest smile and told us she knew it was right! SHE IS AMAZING. We had a few other awesome lessons with her:)
-on Thursday I hit ONE YEAR on the mission!! What an adventure it's been and wow I am so extremely grateful for everyday of this past year!!!!
-well I talked about the bed bugs last week and this past Wednesday we were officially CLEARED to leave the apartment! It was so extremely nice to leave and get some fresh air but above all, SEE OUR FRIENDS. Oh man it was great!!!
-we also WENT TO IN PERSON CHURCH!! I went to an in person sacrament meeting for the first time since February and the spirit was SO STRONG. I think my favorite part was singing the hymns. There is something about sitting there with OTHER PEOPLE and being able to sing all together! It's definitely something I would have never thought would've been a big highlight! 

This week was a 10/10 and I cannot wait for this upcoming week! Thank you for all the sweetest messages and emails this past week!!!! 

My thought for this week is from 3 Nephi 19:26! This is when Jesus was visiting the multitudes in the Americas. He had come and blessed every single one of them and after he had spent time with them he spoke to them! And this is something he said, 
"And Jesus said unto them: Pray on; nevertheless they did not cease to pray."

I LOVE THIS. As missionaries, something we ALSO focus on with our sweet friends is the POWER of prayer. If we want to know something is true, we pray. If we need comfort in times of need, we pray. If we need answers to our questions, we pray. Christ could have said anything to the people but his focus was on PRAYER. This hit me so hard this week as I have been studying about when Christ came to the Americas after his resurrection! The power of prayer is real. I know that every one of our prayers is heard and that we have a Father in Heaven and a Savior who are waiting to bless us, to help us and to love us. All we need to do is PRAY. My invitation for this week is the same invitation Jesus told the people, PRAY ON. This week, please PRAY. Everyday I invite you to kneel in pray and talk with your Father in Heaven. I promise you He is there. I promise you that your prayers are heard and I promise you that His love for you is unimaginably strong. So this week, pray on. :)

Wow, I love you all so so much!!!! I really hope this upcoming week is one to remember! It has been hot and sunny here with a few days and pouring rain!! Definitely not the November I'm used to!! 

Love you all!!!!

Love, 
Hermana King :))










No comments:

Post a Comment