Thursday, November 21, 2019

Can someone say MUY FELIZ!?


Abby got to go to the Mexico City Temple on Wed. Nov. 20!

Abby and her companera, Hermana Miles at the Mexico City temple


Hi guys!! I am so happy and excited to tell you about this week!! STAY TUNED FOR FUN, EXCITING NEWS!!

Thursday the 14th:
We taught Manuel and he went to church! So WOOT WOOT! Spanish lessons have been clicking!! Which is a BLESSING lemme tell ya! We played volleyball with some LATINOS! Oh my gosh guys haha it was so fun!! Okay so story time, so there's two words, MUJER and MEJOR and they mean best and woman haha! So let's just say she accidentally was calling everyone women and all the Latinos had a grand ol laughing! Haha! We practiced contacting at night at MAN I have never laughed so hard. We were contacting about family history and um I don't know a lot of english words about family history so my spanish is a lot less than that..haha! So we had some fun laughing. That's important while learning here at the CCM right?? 


Friday the 15th:
Okay wow today was the definition of HOLY SPIRIT like holy wow it was amazing! We did a BOM share today in class and the CRAZIEST thing happened! We all picked the same 3 scriptures. What. We started laughing because so much for learning about the scriptures haha! BUT we got so much out of it. Our teacher had us share OUR perspective on the verse we picked and everybody's was different! How cool! It was our longest BOM we've had yet the least amount of scriptures..haha! Our whole district played volleyball together which was so fun!! The hermanas that live above us had a prompting to knock on our door and wow. Talk about miracles. I was going to go back to our casa and going to have a rougher night..but they decided to come talk! MIRACLES! Wow. We are so taken care of here!! God is good! I've been sick for a few days which has been hard but I'll get better!


Saturday the 16th: 
We emailed our branch president today! I talked with the STL's one on one and man. God is good!! How many times can I say that!! They are the best at what they do. We played knockout and DAD you would have been so proud. I got second hahaha but like take 30 elders and then put me in the middle. And in my opinion, I should have won but whatever. QUOTE OF THE DAY!! Okay this is from Elder Uchtdorf I believe! "Do well what you can control" guys!! this is so true!! We can only control so many things right? Don't worry about things we can't control!! Do well what we can!!


Sunday the 17th:
Okay if you're still reading this, then good job! You've made it to the good stuff!! Sundays are the best! Especially today. Long story short the Branch President pulled me and my companera out and told us we were presenting about computers on Sunday! JUST KIDDING that's what I thought he said..thats a little insight on our spanish is coming...LOL! He got the STL's to come out and translate and SURPRISE! I'm the new STL!! What a big surprise and I'm trusting God on this one. I am nervous about training! But I have faith in God and so I am getting more and more excited!! God gives us so many miracles, it takes just a little bit of faith to find them! Choir practice is one of my favorite parts of Sunday!! 500 missionaries singing spanish hymns is something so cool! I love it. We watched LEGACY the movie for Sunday Devo!! Woot! It was so funny because like I said, 600 missionaries fit in the auditorium and that means the relationship and kissing scenes in this old church movie is HILARIOUS! Haha! The CCM President was laughing because of how funny we all thought it was. haha!


Monday the 18th:
I'm still sick but still smiling and still learning!! I love every day, even the hard ones. Okay cool story of today! Hermana Miles hasn't been feeling well since she got here and so we took a walk in the morning so she could get some air. I stopped halfway down the hall and thought to myself "wow. what the heck. there are 8 worthy priesthood holders in the classroom." We marched back and I asked the district leader if someone could give her a blessing! I said a prayer with Hermana Miles and then she picked who she felt that should give her a blessing. Turns out the elder she picked, Elder Harper had never done a blessing! That was one of the most spiritual blessings I have ever been there for. It was amazing. wow. She felt better within 10 minutes! And man am I grateful for that! I got my companion back! Haha! Today went so good. Everyone read Enos because it is amazing. That is what my Maestro taught today and it was amazing. My teacher Hermano Castillo is amazing and everyday makes me feel like I am supposed to be here! I AM SO HAPPY!! GUYS!! I love it here and am learning and loving it! We did a service project and EVERYONE GOT ATTACKED BY FIRE ANTS!! No joke it was so bad! haha! It was laughable how bad it was!! We are all good around here but dang. haha! Tonight was special for me. It was a rough night. I cried for the FIRST time! I opened up to Enos 1:15 and it saved me. I prayed and prayed that night. 


Tuesday the 19th:
TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!! Guys last night (Monday) was rough. I said a gratitude prayer to start my day because I had complained enough to God. GUYS! EVERYONE! Faith is the answer. Prayer is the answer. Leaning on God is the answer. I woke up and decided to find the little miracles. We taught Manuel today and my teacher almost cried after our lesson. Words just came out and it was everything he needed to hear. GOD IS GOOD!! I can't say it enough. Lots of smiles today. We had a devo tonight!! Choir went great and we sounded good too! The CCM president and his wife spoke about the new mission handbook and WOW WE LOVE THE NEW HANDBOOK! haha! He talked about how much the Primera Presidency trusts and loves us and wow. I am so grateful!!
Wednesday aka TODAY!!


Wow today was great!! Woke up and did laundry and video chatted my FAMILY!! Agh I lucked out!!! I love them!!! SO MUCH! We went to the templo today and it was amazing!! It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had in my whole life. wow. I have STL training tonight!! Wish my luck!!


I have a challenge for you guys! Okay. I challenge all of you to share a scripture or a SIMPLE testimony with someone once a day. Little miracles everyone. You could be a miracle for someone else!! 

I am so happy and I am doing great. I love you all and I am BEYOND grateful for your thoughts, prayers, emails and pictures!! Never stop trusting in God. I believe in this gospel with my whole heart. It is amazing!! I love you!! Have the best week!!! 

LOVE YOUR FACES!!!!!

Hermana King :)








No comments:

Post a Comment